You have likely heard the expression, “Turn back the clock,” but is there a way that you can use a naturally healthy lifestyle to slow downtime?
Time in this instance refers to aging, and it’s likely that everybody listening would love to age a little slower! This week’s guest is Brad King, a nutritional researcher and the author of 11 books, including the international bestsellers, Fat Wars and Bio-Age, and the formulator of some of the top natural health companies in North America.
Tuning in, you’ll hear about the beer belly blues, how stress affects your DNA, and anti-aging through changes in your diet, lifestyle, and environment, and get the inside scoop on Brad’s latest discovery: great nutrients and where to get them.
He also shares the benefits of weight-bearing activity, humid and folic acids, and the full scope of nutrition (which includes grass-fed meat, sorry vegetarians)! Tuen in today to find out more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A recent hiking injury that Brad sustained and what he has learned about aging from it.
- Hear about Brad’s neural endocrine, hormonal, and free radical theories on aging.
- Cellular aging or your bio-age, and how you can impact it through changes in your environment, lifestyle, and diet.
- Brad talks about aging, stress, and telomeres, the caps at the end of each strand of DNA.
- Learn why exercise is Brad’s favourite way of reducing stress and what sarcopenia is.
- For those who struggle to make time for exercise; exercise allows your body to regenerate faster than it is breaking down.
- Hear from Pure-Lē Natural’s Joel Thuna about their B12 Drops and why you need B12.
- It’s your genes that load the gun but your diet, lifestyle, and environment that pull the trigger.
- Now for the lightning round: Brad’s favourite way to break a sweat, why he’d like to fly, and healthy morning routines.
- Why you should not drink coffee if you are a high-stress responder; it doesn’t give you energy!
- The effect of humic and folic acids on mitochondria, which produce ATP or what Brad calls the currency of life.
- Brad explains how sustainable the LeafSource product is and his opinion of organic acids.
- Find out why Brad isn’t a vegetarian: he believes in a full compilation of nutrition.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: