Time: 45 mins
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 small carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks work well), trimmed
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss vegetables with oil with half of each: thyme, rosemary and dried basil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables in an even layer on a large sheet pan.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on top of vegetables on sheet pan, arranged with skin side up.
- Stir the remainder of the herbs with the melted ghee or butter and brush evenly over chicken pieces. Roast for approximately 35 minutes (rotating pan halfway through cooking) or until the chicken registers done on a meat thermometer (approximately 175 degrees for thighs and drumsticks) and vegetables are fork tender.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.