SERVES: 4 AS A SIDE
TIME: 30-40 MINS
- 2 medium size beets, shaved thin on a mandolin
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 packed cups arugula, washed and dried
- 1 small fennel bulb, shaved on a mandolin or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- handful toasted almonds
- sprinkle fresh herbs (hyssop, fennel herb) – optional • 8 slices of prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. In a bowl, toss thinly sliced beets with olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet (you may need two). Bake for 15 minutes, ip, and bake for an additional 15 until edges are crisp.
- Remove from oven, blot excess oil and set aside to cool. In a large serving bowl, combine arugula, shaved fennel, pomegranate arils, and toasted almonds with lemon vinaigrette. Top with fresh herbs, slices of prosciutto, and cooled beet chips. Serve immediately.